Pacific Peoples’ Partnership, in collaboration with Royal Roads University (RRU), is pleased to announce a call for submissions for a Research Poster Session on Aboriginal Innovations and Partnerships to be held from 9:00 to 11:30 a.m. on June 21, 2012 in the Learning and Innovation Centre at RRU. National Aboriginal Day Celebrations will follow at the RRU Aboriginal Learning and Cultural Centre.
A research poster session is an opportunity for student, professor or community researchers to create a poster describing their work. People attending poster sessions can walk around and ask the various researchers about their projects. The actual poster gives enough information to capture the interest of others. The idea of a poster is to stimulate discussion. While a 10 minute talk can communicate the same amount of information, a poster allows viewers to assimilate the information at their own pace.
Everyone is welcome to attend this event! The poster session provides an exciting forum for participants to talk to attendees about the research they have worked hard to plan and carry out. Researchers will be available in person and virtually to discuss their research and answer questions. Come and experience this great learning opportunity! Free admission!
Poster Project Eligibility:
- Projects must have an ‘Aboriginal Innovations and Partnerships’ component.
- These projects can be ongoing or completed.
- A poster representative must be present for the entire poster session either in person or virtually.
- Each project is limited to one poster.
Deadline for Submission of Abstract: – Please submit your abstract to email@example.com by May 15, 2012. Abstracts must be under 500 words and should be no longer than 1 page. Abstracts must clearly contain the following information:
- Project Title
- Project Category
- Faculty/Student/Community Researcher Name(s) and Department/Address/Email
- Overview and Goals of the Project
- Keywords (please include 3-5 keywords which will be used to group similar presentations and posters together during the event.)
A committee comprised of Pacific Peoples’ Partnership and RRU representatives will review the submitted abstracts for eligibility. All qualified submissions will be displayed on-site at RRU, however, the top 15 will also be invited to participate in live 10 minute individual presentations on June 21, 2012, either on-site at RRU or virtually via Skype.